Earth Day – Saturday 22nd April, 1 – 4pm
Join us on 22nd April to celebrate Earth Day 2023.
There will be plenty of wonderful things to do and to see.
- Visit our fabulous display of artwork created by children and add your own creations to the exhibition.
- Make a biodegradable bird feeder to take home
- Meet the curator of the amazing birds in the Natural History section of Whitby Museum
- Have fun with lots of bird-related activities of kids
- Chat to bird experts about the birds in Pannett Park
- Follow a bird trail through Pannett Park or around the gallery
- Have a look at the beautiful wildlife paintings and ceramics in our collection, including beautiful wildlife drawings and paintings by Eileen Soper along side a selection of ceramic birds by her sister, Eva Soper.
All activities are free.
This workshop is part of The Wild Escape, a national project led by Art Fund.
The Wild Escape invites children to find a favourite animal in their local museum or gallery and create artworks imagining its journey to a natural habitat. The pictures and stories created will lead up to a collective work of art that imagines a better future for the wildlife on our doorstep, launched online and in venues across the UK on Earth Day 2023, Saturday 22 April.
The Wild Escape is made possible with support from Arts Council England’s National Lottery Project Grants, with additional support from Bloomberg Philanthropies, Kusuma Trust, Foyle Foundation and a group of generous individuals and trusts.