Possibilities of Paper 31st July – 2nd September
August sees an exhibition of quirky sculpture and surreal imagery at the Pannett Art Gallery.
The gallery is open Tuesday – Sunday 9.30am – 4.30pm and admission is Free.
There is always a selection of work by the amazing Staithes group of artists on display. These English Impressionists painted and exhibited as a group, in and around Whitby, from 1894 – 1909.
BECOME A FRIEND
Sign up to be kept informed of coming events…
The Fylingdales Group of Artists.
4th September– 7th October
September see’s a celebration of our host town Whitby and the 250th Captain Cook anniversary
Pannett Art Gallery is set in the peaceful and charming grounds of Pannett Park in the centre of Whitby. The gallery has an eclectic mix of 19th and 20th Century paintings on permanent display.
Coming in 2018
- Sea Around Us 9 January – 18 March
- Whitby Art Society 23 March – 20 May
- Staithes Group selling exhibition 24 May – 10 June
- Havens and Harbours – Frank Henry Mason 16 June – 29 July
- Possibilities of Paper – Anne Bostwick/Rachel Bamford 31 July – 2 September
- Fylingdales Group of Artists 4 September – 7 October
- On The Face Of It 9 Oct – 4 Nov
- Out of the Darkness 6 Nov – Christmas 2018
Please note: all dates are correct at time of going to press. Please contact the gallery to confirm before making a special journey.
Two generations of Weatherill artists painted in Whitby and area throughout the 19th and early 20th Century. We have an extensive collection of their intricate and delicate paintings on display in the Weatherill Gallery.