Out of the Darkness:
Commemorating the Centenary of the First World War.
Stories of people living through the war and garments reflecting the influences of the war.
The gallery is open Tuesday – Sunday 9.30am – 4.30pm and admission is Free.
There is always a selection of work by the amazing Staithes group of artists on display. These English Impressionists painted and exhibited as a group, in and around Whitby, from 1894 – 1909.
BECOME A FRIEND
Sign up to be kept informed of coming events…
The gallery will be CLOSED for Christmas on December 16th, reopening on Tuesday 8th January.
Pannett Art Gallery is set in the peaceful and charming grounds of Pannett Park in the centre of Whitby. The gallery has an eclectic mix of 19th and 20th Century paintings on permanent display.
Coming in 2018
- Sea Around Us 9 January – 18 March
- Whitby Art Society 23 March – 20 May
- Staithes Group selling exhibition 24 May – 10 June
- Havens and Harbours – Frank Henry Mason 16 June – 29 July
- Possibilities of Paper – Anne Bostwick/Rachel Bamford 31 July – 2 September
- Fylingdales Group of Artists 4 September – 7 October
- On The Face Of It 9 Oct – 4 Nov
- Out of the Darkness 6 Nov – Christmas 2018
Please note: all dates are correct at time of going to press. Please contact the gallery to confirm before making a special journey.
Two generations of Weatherill artists painted in Whitby and area throughout the 19th and early 20th Century. We have an extensive collection of their intricate and delicate paintings on display in the Weatherill Gallery.