Page links below:
Welcome Back to the Pannett Art Gallery
The Pannett Art Gallery is now open.
Your safety and the safety of our staff and volunteers is our highest priority. We have worked hard during the closure period to ensure that we have followed government guidance and put in place the necessary measures to welcome you back safely.
To enable us to staff the building we have had to reduce our opening hours which will be:
Tuesday – Friday 11am – 3pm with last admission at 2.30pm, this will be under constant review so please keep watching the website.
Level access is available at the rear of the building for those who need it.
Unfortunately, we are not able to re-open the Art Gallery toilet safely so for now it will remain closed (there is a fully accessible toilet available for museum visitors only).
For your safety –
- Our staff have all been trained in our new procedures.
- We have limited the number of visitors allowed in the building to make physical distancing possible.
- We have installed sanitiser stations.
- Our counters are now fitted with protective screens.
- New cleaning routines have been implemented.
- Our staff have all been provided with PPE.
What we ask of you –
- That you watch our opening video available on our website and social media which will provide you with more information.
- On arrival, if there is a queue, that you follow the footprints and queue at a 2 metre distance from one another.
- Please arrive in a group of no more than six people.
- On entering the building please wear your face covering unless you are exempt.
- As we are participating in the NHS Test and Trace scheme, the lead member of your party should provide contact details as they enter the building.
- Please observe 2 metre distancing throughout the building and ensure that all members of your party do the same.
- There will be no storage facilities so please do not bring too much with you.
- Please use card payment for any shop purchases, contactless wherever possible.
- Sanitisers are provided for your safety, please make use of them.
We realise that this is a lot to take in but we’re sure that all will become perfectly clear when you visit and most of all we hope that you enjoy your visit.
Pannett Art Gallery is set in the peaceful and charming grounds of Pannett Park in the centre of Whitby. The gallery has an eclectic mix of 19th and 20th Century paintings on permanent display.
The Gallery is also well known for it’s two outstanding collections:
- The Staithes Group of Artists – these English Impressionists painted and exhibited as a group, in and around Whitby, from 1894 – 1909.
- The Weatherill Collection – two generations of Weatherill artists painted in Whitby and area throughout the 19th and early 20th Century.
The gallery also hosts a range of exhibitions throughout the year, including work by local Art Societies and Groups as well as work from the local Community College.
Pannett Art Gallery shares a building with Whitby Museum. You can find out more about the Museum and the Pannett Park at the links below (the links open in a new tab):
The gallery has step-free access at the rear of the building.
There is more information about access on the Accessibility Page.
Saturday – Closed
Sunday – Closed
Monday – Closed
Tuesday – 11am – 3pm
Wednesday – 11am – 3pm
Thursday – 11am – 3pm
Friday – 11am – 3pm
Open throughout most of the year, the building closes mid December until the end of January (exact dates may vary) please check before making a special journey.
Last admissions 30 mins. before closing time.