Page links below:
Welcome Back to the Pannett Art Gallery
The Pannett Art Gallery is now open.
Our opening hours are Tuesday – Sunday 10.00am – 4.30pm with last admission at 4pm.
Level access is available at the rear of the building for those who need it.
For your safety –
- Our staff have all been trained in our new procedures.
- We have installed sanitiser stations.
- Our counters are now fitted with protective screens.
- New cleaning routines have been implemented.
Pannett Art Gallery is set in the peaceful and charming grounds of Pannett Park in the centre of Whitby. The gallery has an eclectic mix of 19th and 20th Century paintings on permanent display.
The Gallery is also well known for its two outstanding collections:
- The Staithes Group of Artists – these English Impressionists painted and exhibited as a group, in and around Whitby, from 1894 – 1909.
- The Weatherill Collection – two generations of Weatherill artists painted in Whitby and area throughout the 19th and early 20th Century.
The gallery also hosts a range of exhibitions the year, including work by local Art Societies and Groups as well as work from the local Community College.
Pannett Art Gallery shares a building with Whitby Museum. You can find out more about the Museum and the Pannett Park at the links below (the links open in a new tab):
The gallery has step-free access at the rear of the building.
There is more information about access on the Accessibility Page.
Saturday – 10.00am – 4.30pm with last admission at 4pm
Sunday – 10.00am – 4.30pm with last admission at 4pm
Monday – Closed
Tuesday – 10.00am – 4.30pm with last admission at 4pm
Wednesday – 10.00am – 4.30pm with last admission at 4pm
Thursday – 10.00am – 4.30pm with last admission at 4pm
Friday – 10.00am – 4.30pm with last admission at 4pm
Open throughout most of the year, the building closes mid December until the end of January (exact dates may vary) please check before making a special journey.
Last admissions 30 mins. before closing time.